Pasta salad with melon Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
If you wish to make the salad ahead of time, take it out and leave at room temperature an hour before serving so that the melon will be at its peak of flavor.
For 6 servings
- 250 g (9 oz.) orecchiette pasta
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 ripe melon
- 2 slices of smoked ham (1/2 cm thick)
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- A few basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- 20 g Le Guérandais coarse gray Guérande salt
- Freshly-ground pepper
- Parmesan shavings
- Bring 2 litres (8 cups) of water to the boil with Le Guérandais coarse gray Guérande salt and the vegetable stock cubes. Once it is boiling, pour in the pasta.
- Make small melon balls using a melon-baller. Dice the ham.
- Drain the pasta quickly so that it retains some of the cooking juices and transfer to a salad bowl. Mix with the olive oil and leave to cool, stirring from time to time.
- Chop the garlic clove finely and add to the pasta. Add the melon balls, the diced ham and the snipped basil leaves. Season with pepper and lemon juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in a cold place, but not the fridge, or serve warm.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips