Prep. time: A few minutes
Oven temperature: 80° C (160° F)
Cooking time: Overnight, to dry the pears
A calorie-conscious recipe from Chef Hans Stierli, developed for the Avello Spa and Health Club of the Westin Resort and Spa in Whistler, BC.
"I use Marcella goat's cheese from Salt Spring Island in British Columbia,".
- Wash the pears; cut into 8 wedges; remove the cores;
- arrange on a baking sheet and place in a 80° C (160° F) oven overnight to dry;
- caramelize the sugar in a non-stick pan with the walnuts; mix well until they are golden brown; let cool on oiled parchment; chop into small dice;
- dip the arugula leaves into the balsamic vinaigrette and arrange a nice bouquet on each plate;
- cut the cheese into 8 slices; top each pear wedge with a slice of cheese; place in the oven to warm for a few minutes;
- arrange two pear wedges on top of the arugula on each plate; sprinkle with caramelized walnuts.
Hints & Tips