Pear and Hokkaido Squash Pie Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreheat the oven to 180° C (350° F)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 + 5 minutes
This is an excellent way to use Hokkaido squash or pumpkin jam.
- 320 ml (1 1/3 cups) Hokkaido squash jam
- 50 ml (3 tbsp.) crème fraîche
- 3 Pears
- 150 g (5 oz.) flour
- 75 g (5 tbsp.) butter
- 2 eggs
- Line a buttered pie plate with pâte brisée (pie pastry); cover with the pear halves.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, squash jam and crème fraîche. Pour over the pears.
- Bake the pie at 180° C (350° F) for 35-40 minutes or until cooked. Be careful: the recipe is similar to a quiche, so don't overcook it or it will dry out and toughen.
- Check for doneness with the point of a knife.
- A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, sprinkle with golden granulated sugar and caramelize. Serve hot or cold.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips