California Bartlett Pear, Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
For 4 servings
- 8 slices Italian-style bread
- Dijon or honey mustard to taste
- 4 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 2 large, firm but ripe California Bartlett pears, cut into twelfths
- 1/2 pound (225 g) thinly sliced ham (preferably Black Forest)
- 10 oz. (284 g) spinach, de-stemmed, washed and dried
- Lightly toast bread slices.
- Spread a thin layer of mustard on all 8 pieces of bread.
- Top 4 of the slices with the Cheddar cheese. Place under broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Divide the pears, ham and spinach into fourths.
- Place the pear slices on the melted cheese, then the ham on the pears, and, finally, the spinach on the ham.
- Top with the 4 remaining pieces of bread.
- Slice each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
An original idea from Philippe Mollé as part of a Bartlett pear promotion
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips