Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
In this recipe the peppers are not floured or fried before being cooked in the sauce, as is usually the case.
- Filling: Clean the fish of your choice; season it, dip in flour and fry in oil. Set aside.
- Cook the peeled chopped shallots and mushrooms in the wine for 5 minutes. Purée, add the cream, salt and pepper.
- Cook everything for a few minutes and add the flaked fish. Let cool.
- Drain the canned peppers, keeping the juice, and stuff them with the cooled mixture.
Making the sauce and finishing
- Sauté the minced garlic in the oil. Add the juice from the peppers and the vinegar; mix well and season.
- Pour the sauce over the peppers and stir until it whitens and thickens lightly.
- Monkfish is ideal for this recipe, but you could use any firm white fish.
- Some diced tomato and chopped chives added at the end will give a nice fresh touch to this dish.
In collaboration with Spain Gourmetour and the Department of Foreign Affairs
A rosé wine from Navarra or Cigales
Hints & Tips