Pizza dough Recipe
Flavors of Italy
For 6 servings
- 255 g / 9 oz. white flour
- 55 g / 2 oz. brewers or compressed yeast
- 1 pinch salt
- water, as needed
- Crumble the yeast in a cup and dilute with several tablespoons of warm water (not hot, otherwise the yeast will die and lose its leavening power).
- Mix with about 55 g / 2 oz. flour, cover the cup with a cloth and keep it in a warm place so that it can rise.
- Pour the remaining flour on the pastry board, add a pinch of salt and knead with warm water (the dough should not be too soft).
- Add the fermented dough and continue to knead vigorously until it becomes elastic.
- Shape the dough into 6 even balls, then place them on a flat wooden board, lightly coated with flour. Cover with a cloth and keep it in a warm place until the dough swells to twice its former size.
- The dough is now ready to be punched down, made into disks of approximately 25 cm / 10 in. in diameter, and used for pizza with any topping you wish.
More recipe ideas
With the collaboration of The Italian Trade Commission.
Hints & Tips