Pompe aux Pommes - Apple Pastry from the Auvergne Recipe
Flavors of the Auvergne
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Ingredients for 6-8 servings
- 1 beaten egg
- 500 g (18 oz.) flour
- 200 g (7 oz.) butter
- A pinch of salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- Make a pie pastry (pâte brisée) with the flour, butter, salt and water.
- While the pastry is resting in a cool place, peel the apples; core and seed them and cut into fairly thin slices. Sauté the apples in butter in a skillet; sprinkle with sugar and let cool.
- Roll the pastry out with a rolling pin. Cover one half with the apple pieces. Cover with the remaining pastry.
- Seal the edges together. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Make a hole in the center to allow steam to escape. Bake in a 220-230° C (450-475° F) oven for about 45 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and nicely browned.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips