Oreilles de crisse - Old-fashioned Quebec Pork Crisps Recipe
Cuisine of the Montérégie region
Total time: less than 15 minutes
A traditional recipe from Pierre Faucher of Sucrerie de la Montagne.
As in the old days, these "oreilles de crisse" are served with bread; they are pork crisps that date back to the days of the pioneers and coureurs de bois when they fed the oarsmen.
- Salt pork
- Cut a 2.5 cm (1") thick slice of salt pork;
- cook until boiling in a mixture of equal parts milk and water;
- drain and fry in a skillet;
- pat dry with paper towels;
- to firm it up, place on a broiler pan and place in a 180° C (350° F) oven.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips