Prep. time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: None
This cake improves if you let it "age" for 2-3 days in the fridge so that the flavors develop.
It should be kept cold until served.
"Maria" biscuits are called for in the recipe, but you can substitute any dry cookie. They should be round to create the stylized flower shape.
- Cream the egg yolks with the sugar and butter. Refrigerate.
- Prepare the strong coffee and let cool to lukewarm.
- Dip each cookie in the coffee and let cool.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and gradually beat in the sugar.
- Arrange a layer of cookies on a plate to form a flower, placing 6 cookies in a circle and one in the center.
- Cover with a layer of buttercream.
- Continue layering until all the cookies are used up.
- Cover the top and sides with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top with coconut.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Hints & Tips