Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours (90 minutes in a pressure cooker)
Fine and flavorful, Guerande sea salt dissolves more quickly in water than other salts. Its salty but non-bitter flavor brings out the taste, allowing you to better appreciate food's original flavors. You need only a pinch on raw or cooked foods. It's the crowning touch.
- Place the meat in a large 10-12 liter pot filled with cold water.
- Bring to a boil; skim any impurities from the surface.
- Change the cooking water. Add the bouquet garni, the peeled onion stuck with the cloves, and the washed whole vegetables. Add more water regularly as needed so the cooking is even.
- Add the coarse gray Guerande sea salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 hours in a Dutch oven or 90 minutes in a pressure cooker.
Serve with toasted bread, grainy mustard, Guerande fleur de sel and cornichons.
Collaboration: Le Guérandais / Canetti Conseil
Hints & Tips