Potato Baskets with Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Flavors of the Pays de la Loire
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. and cooking time: 45 minutes
Based on a recipe by Suzanne Bonbou for Pays de la Loire
For 6 servings
- 6 eggs
- 6 potatoes
- 2 thin slices of ham (jambon de Vendée)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- fleur de sel de Noirmoutier
- 150 ml cream
- 90 ml white beans (moguettes sold in jar))
- salt and pepper
- 6 silicone molds
For the potato baskets
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 450°F.
- Peel and grate the potatoes; season with salt and pepper and toss in a bowl.
- Lightly butter the 6 semi-spherical silicon molds. Cover the interior of each one with grated potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until you have golden baskets.
For the white bean coulis
- In a blender, purée the beans with the cream; correct the seasoning to taste.
- Heat the sauce in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring often.
For the scrambled eggs
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil for a double boiler.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, season with pepper and add the butter.
- Place the bowl over the simmering water and cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the eggs are creamy but not dry.
- Remove from the heat.
- Remove the baskets from the oven, unmold and place onto 6 individual plates.
- Place the scrambled eggs in the center. Season with a little fleur de sel and some chives.
- Garnish each basket with a thin slice of Vendée ham.
- Pour the hot bean coulis over the scrambled eggs just before serving, or serve it in individual little glasses.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips