Preparation & cooking time: 1 hour
A classic that makes a perfect side to red meat.
The potatoes will be even softer if, at the end of the cooking time, you turn off the heat and leave them covered for a quarter hour before serving.
It wouldn't be a recipe from Perigord without some nice truffle shavings, although in season a fricassee of ceps is also welcome. For the perfect flavor and aroma, they're seasoned with chopped garlic and parsley during the resting time.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes;
- wash and pat dry; season;
- clean, peel and thinly slice the truffles;
- heat the goose fat in a skillet; add the potato slices and brown them;
- place the truffles, wine and spices in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes;
- add the truffle mixture with the liquid to the potatoes;
- season with salt and pepper; continue cooking until the potatoes are tender;
- transfer the potatoes and truffles to a serving platter;
- reduce the cooking liquid, thickening it with a little meat jus if possible; pour over the potatoes and serve.
Hints & Tips