Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 to 2 hours
An avolicious variation of a traditional Mexican stew enjoyed on Mexican Independence Day among other festivals.
- In a medium-large pot with enough water, boil meat, onion, salt, bay leaves, garlic. Add broth cube.
- Cook until tender, about 1- 2 hours.
- Remove stem from chili and soak in 200 ml broth or water until soft.
- Using a blender, combine chili with macerating broth, cumin powder, salt, sesame seeds until well blended.
- Once meat is ready, add chili sauce and (drained and rinsed) hominy. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the garnishes: slice radishes and avocado, shred cabbage, cut lettuce in fine julienne, cut the lime in quarters.
Serve Pozole with avocado dip and tortillas.
With the collaboration of Avocados from Mexico - www.missavacado.com
Adaptation : MSCOMM
Hints & Tips