Princess Crêpes Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hours
Prep. time: 30 minutes
Resting time for the batter: 2 hours
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For 6 servings
- 250 g (9 oz.) flour
- 12 dry macaroons
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) crème fraîche
- 40 g (3 tbsp.) sugar
- 20 g (4 tsp.) melted butter + 30 g (2 tbsp.) for cooking
- 1 tbsp. Cointreau
- A pinch of salt
- 12 macaroons
- 6 tbsp. orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp. Cointreau
- Icing sugar
Making the batter
- Place the flour, 3 egg yolks, 1 egg white, the salt, melted butter, crème fraîche, Cointreau and two-thirds of the milk into a bowl; whisk until very smooth and let rest for two hours.
- Add the rest of the milk and the two remaining egg whites, beaten, just before cooking the crêpes to achieve the desired consistency.
Making the filling
- Meanwhile, crumble 12 of the macaroons.
- Moisten with the Cointreau; mix into the orange marmalade.
Cooking and finishing
- Heat 20 g of butter in a skillet; cook the remaining 12 macaroons, finely crumbled, until lightly coloured; add to the crêpe batter;
- in another pan, melt the 20 g of butter; pour in a spoonful of batter, just enough to make a crêpe thick enough to be sautéed. Keep warm in the oven, covered with a piece of aluminum foil;
- spread each crêpe with the filling; roll up and place on a serving platter;
- sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips