Caramelized Pecan and Prune Tart Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
For 6 portions
- 80 g / 3/4 cup whole pecans
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 130 g / 3/4 cup coarsely chopped California prunes
- 1 (9 inch/23 cm) pie crust, pre-baked
- 60 g / 2 squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- Place pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 200°C / 400°F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium high heat, combine cream, sugar and butter. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer slowly until mixture thickens slightly, approx. 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add pecans and prunes and mix together. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour filling into the pre-baked pastry shell, distributing nuts and prunes evenly. Bake 35 minutes until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool the tart on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate. With a fork, using a back and forth motion, drizzle threads of chocolate onto the top of the tart, distributing evenly. Cut into pieces and serve.
More recipe ideas
For more California prune information and recipes, click here.
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips