Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
For an even more gourmet treat, prepare your caramel with salted butter.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the syrup, eggs, mixed spice and vanilla.
- Add the flour and baking powder and combine.
- Finely chop the Califoria Prunes in a blender and add to the cake mix.
- Add the water and combine along with the hazelnuts.
- Pour into a square cake tin/brownie tin and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
To make the Toffee Sauce:
- During the baking of the pudding, put all the toffee sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until thick and glossy - should take about 10-15 minutes.
Serve hot from the oven with the toffee sauce and ice-cream for an even more decadent dessert
Photo & recipe Courtesy of California Prunes
Hints & Tips