Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
+ freezing time
(1) Numerous chefs use a Pacojet machine to make ice cream. It allows you to mix and combine even frozen ingredients and to prepare ice cream with an extremely fine texture, ready to be served immediately. However, you can also use a traditional ice cream or sorbet maker.
- Coarsely dice the pumpkin, then boil it with the water and sugar for about 15 minutes.
- Purée in a blender, then add the crème fraîche and lemon juice.
- Strain and freeze. Mix in a Pacojet (1) before serving.
Garnish the pumpkin ice cream with a few drops of pumpkin seed oil and some caramelized pumpkin seeds.
Armin Amrein serves this pumpkin ice cream with:
- Cream of pumpkin with coconut mousse
- Langoustine on pear and pumpkin compote
- And a mini pumpkin quiche
Hints & Tips