A First Course Quartet: Langoustine on Pear and Pumpkin Compote Recipe
Flavors of Switzerland
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 4 cooked langoustines
- salt and pepper
Pear and pumpkin compote
- 25 ml (5 tsp.) vinegar
- 25 ml (5 tsp.) water
- 35 g (1 oz.) sugar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- 1 clove
- salt, peppercorns, ginger and star anise
- 50 g (2 oz.) pumpkin, cut into thin diamonds
- 25 g (1 oz.) pear, diced
Pear and Pumpkin Compote
- In a saucepan, bring the first 4 ingredients for the compote and the 6 spices to a boil, then add the pumpkin, cut into diamonds.
- Return to the boil, reduce the heat, and cook without letting the pumpkin break down.
- Add the diced pear. Refrigerate.
- Place some of the pear and pumpkin compote in a small ramekin.
- Place a langoustine on top.
- Drizzle with some of the compote juice.
A First Course Quartet
Armin Amrein serves this langoustine with pear and pumpkin compote with:
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips