Pumpkin Peanut Muffins Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreheat the oven to 180° C (350° F)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 25-30 minutes
Looking for a snack? These muffins pair the rich flavor of pumpkin with the crunchiness of peanuts. To add a touch of color, replace the chocolate chips with dried cranberries.
Ingredients for 12 muffins
- 275 ml (1 cup + 2 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) Pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped dry-roasted Peanuts
- Grease 12 muffins cups or line them with paper cups.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, eggs and oil. Add the dry ingredients and blend until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips and half the peanuts.
- Drop the batter into the muffin cups and sprinkle with the remaining peanuts. Bake on the middle rack of a preheated 180° C (350° F) oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in the tins for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a rack.
More recipe ideas
In collaboration with the Canadian Peanut Bureau and the USA National Peanut Board.
Muffin tins: Commercial by Chicago Metallic, available at
Hints & Tips