Cooking time: 6-7 minutes
- Remove the thin part of the saddle and cut into strips widthwise; season with salt and pepper.
- Take the thicker parts of the saddles, oil them lightly and season before grilling on the barbecue for about 3 minutes on each side.
- While the rabbit is cooking, sauté the sliced rabbit pieces in a skillet for 1 minute; set aside.
- Add the garlic and shallot to the skillet, cook 30 seconds and deglaze with cider.
- Add the maple syrup and mustard. Reduce for 1-2 minutes.
- Divide the strips among 4 plates and place a saddle of rabbit on top.
- Serve with zucchini, red onion slices and portabello mushrooms that have been lightly oiled, seasoned and grilled on the barbecue.
Marsannay La Charme aux Prêtres 2005, Domaine Charles Audoin, France
After 16 years of restaurant experience, including several at the celebrated Toqué restaurant, Alexandre Loiseau is now co-owner of Bistro Cocagne at 3842 rue Saint-Denis in Montreal.
Hints & Tips