Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
You can garnish the dessert with some vanilla ice cream or sherbet. I've often made this kind of express recipe when I need to improvise a wonderful dessert quickly.
The ragoût is garnished with fresh mint leaves, an almond tuile [lien au lexique] and blackcurrant sorbet in an almond tulipe.
Mario Martel, Quebec City
- Melt the butter and sugar and sauté the apple pieces until lightly coloured. Add the maple syrup. Bring to the boil.
- Peel the clementines and separate into pieces; set aside.
- Add the clementines to the apple mixture for a few seconds to heat them through; remove them and add the white wine;
- Let the mixture reduce until slightly caramelized. Dip the blueberries into the mixture for a few seconds and remove them quickly. Add the apple juice, bring to a boil, and add the heavy cream; reduce until the desired consistency has been reached and add the fresh mint leaves and the vanilla to the sauce.
- Arrange the hot apples, blueberries and clementines on plates. Spoon the sauce over and garnish with fresh mint.
Hints & Tips