Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
If you don’t like hot chilies, replace them with slices of sweet bell pepper.
You can ask your fish seller to fillet the fish for you to simplify the preparation.
Remove from the heat as soon as the fish is cooked to prevent it from falling apart.
- Clean and fillet the fish and cut into portions;
- in a blender, chop the tomatoes to a coarse purée;
- cook the onions in oil in a skillet until lightly colored; add the puréed tomatoes; season;
- add the fish, capers, olives and chilies;
- bring everything to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes over low heat; remove as soon as the fish is cooked.
Photo : Mexico Tourism Board. Click here if you plan a visit to Mexico
Hints & Tips