This is a salad bursting with flavor, combining the sweet and savory of raisins and apples with the licoricey flavor of fennel. The creamy Bresse blue balances everything out nicely.
Reserve the fennel fronds to garnish the salad before serving.
- Cut off the base of the fennel bulbs, then cut the fennel into thin sticks. Slice the celery.
- Peel and core the apples; cut into wedges and toss with a little lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- In a salad bowl, combine the fennel, celery, apples and raisins.
- In a bowl, combine the cider vinegar, salt and pepper; whisk in the sunflower oil to emulsify. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad.
- Slice the cheese fairly thinly and place the slices on top of the salad.
Hints & Tips