Sautéed Fruit with Ginger and Honey, Fromage Blanc Ice Cream (140 calories) Recipe
Flavors of Bordeaux
For 4 servings
- 1 mango
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 1/2 pineapple
- 8 wild strawberries
- 1 tbsp. mixed flower honey
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 25 g (1 oz.) fresh ginger, finely chopped
Fromage blanc ice cream
- 250 g (8 oz.) fromage blanc
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 18 g (1/2 oz.) aspartame
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Wash, peel and cut up all the fruits as desired.
- In a skillet, heat the honey; let it color slightly, then add the fruits according to texture, beginning with the firmest.
- Add the ginger, then continue cooking the fruits until nicely glazed; at the end of the cooking, deglaze the pan with orange juice.
- Dissolve the aspartame in the hot water. Once the syrup has cooled, add the fromage blanc and lemon juice. Process in an ice cream maker.
- Place the fruits on plates, reduce the cooking juices and spoon them over the fruits.
- Garnish with a scoop of fromage blanc ice cream and a sprig of fresh mint.
Château Smith Haut Lafitte 1995
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips