Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Owner of Blossom Bakery, Jackie Troup’s sweet and sticky Peach and Toffee Scones are a modern twist on a traditional favourite. Best served warm with a pat of butter, they are the perfect early morning treat for overnight guests.
Scones can be made ahead, frozen, thawed and simply re-heated in the oven for a fuss free and unforgettable breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- In large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter to mixture and using your fingertips work butter into mixture until it looks like a coarse meal.
- Add diced peaches and Skor bits and mix lightly. In large bowl, whisk eggs and cream together; add dry peach mixture, stirring to combine.
- Scrape dough onto a floured board and lightly knead to bring dough together, don't over knead.
- Roll into a 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick slab and cut dough with a round 3-inch (7.5 cm) cookie cutter.
- Place on a parchment-covered or non-stick baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch.
Serve warm with butter or your favourite jam.
PER SERVING (1/10th recipe): about 274 cal, 4 g pro, 14 g total fat (8 g sat fat), 34 g carb,
1 g fibre, 73 mg chol, 181 mg sodium. %RDI: 14% vitamin A, 3% vitamin C, 4% calcium, 9% iron.
Hints & Tips