Shallot and Chive Puffs Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 100 g shallots
- 500 g puff pastry
- 400 g sausage meat
- 1 egg
- 40 g butter
- 24 chive twigs
- ssalt, freshly grinded pepper
- a little flower for the rolling
- Chop the shallots; sweat them in butter over low heat, stirring often.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with 1 Tbsp. water.
- Once the shallots have colored slightly, mix in the sausage meat; season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and incorporate the finely chopped chives. Cool to lukewarm.
- Preheat the oven to 210 °C / 425 °F.
- Divide the puff pastry into two equal parts.
- On a floured work surface, roll out one part to a 3 mm (1/8”) thickness and cut it into four equal rectangles (A).
- Roll out the second part to 2.5 mm (1/10”) and cut into four equal rectangles – they are therefore larger (B).
- Divide the filling among the first rectangles (A). Brush the edges with beaten egg.
- Place the second rectangles (B) on top. Press the edges with your fingertips to seal the two pieces together.
- Lift the puffs with a large flexible spatula to transfer them to a moistened baking sheet, taking care that they do not touch.
- Brush the surface with beaten egg.
- Place into the preheated oven. After 10 minutes, reduce the temperature to 180 °C / 350 °F, and bake 15 minutes longer.
Serve the puffs hot or cold.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips