Cooking time: A few seconds
Marinating time: 2-4 hours
Tapas should please the eye, even before the palate. By placing them in a glass, the textures, shapes and colors can be immediately appreciated.
This recipe is for raw shrimp. If you prefer to buy cooked shrimp, reduce the marinating time to 2 hours.
- Bring some water to a boil in a saucepan; immerse the shrimp for a few moments and remove them as soon as they begin to change color. Run under cold water and drain. The shrimp should be half-cooked.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a container. Add the shrimp, cover and refrigerate.
- Drain the shrimp, reserving the marinade.
- Halve and seed the melon; using a melon baller, cut out spheres of melon or cut the flesh into cubes. Place the melon balls into the marinade and combine.
- Fill each glass with melon balls; skewer a shrimp onto a cocktail pick and balance over the glass.
- If you wish to prepare the tapas in advance, place them on a platter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
A recipe from Gourmetpedia inspired by a Publix promotion in Florida
Hints & Tips