Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 7 minutes
Snickerdoodles is a traditional American recipe for a classic sugar cookie flavoured with vanilla extract and cinnamon sugar.
“Back-to-School Snickerdoodles are a scrumptious delight!” said Baking expert Dede Fuson. “Cinnamon and sugar are combined with other simple ingredients to create a chewy, crackle-topped cookie that goes perfectly with a tall glass of milk.”
- Heat oven to 400º F. Lightly spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat butter, shortening, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, until well blended.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat flour mixture into shortening mixture at low speed until combined. Shape dough into 2,5 cm / 1-inch balls.
- Mix 1/4 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll balls in sugar cinnamon mixture. Place 5 cm / 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 6 to 7 minutes, or until cookies are puffed and crackled on top and the edges are set. The centers will be soft. Allow to cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack.
Crisco is a registered trademark of The J. M. Smucker Company
Hints & Tips