Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cooling time (marinade): 12 hours
Cooking time: 1-1/2 hours + allow 1 hour to rest before serving
Grill temperature: 160-180°C / 325-350°F
*To grill with indirect heat, bank hot coals on one side or in a ring around the perimeter of the fire grate.
For gas grills, pre-heat and then turn off any burners directly below where the food will go.
Place ribs on the grill so they are not directly over any coals or gas burners and close grill hood.
No grill? Alernatively, roast ribs on rack in shallow pan in 350°F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- In large jar with tight-fitting lid, place rub ingredients.
- Place lid on jar shake well until blended thoroughly.
- Pat ribs dry with paper towels. Rub Spicy Latin Rub generously over all surfaces of ribs; cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours or cook immediately.
- Place ribs, not overlapping, over indirect heat on grill (may need 2-3 kettle-style grills). Close grill hood and cook ribs NOT directly over coals for 1 1/2 hours, until they are very tender.*
- Remove ribs from grill, wrap securely in heavy aluminum foil.
- Place foil-wrapped ribs in brown paper bags, close bags and let ribs rest for up to 1 hour. Unwrap ribs, cut into serving portions and serve with barbecue sauce for dipping.
With the kind assistance of National Pork Board
Hints & Tips