Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F
Prep. time: 20 minutes
Refrigeration time: At least 2 hours
Bakking time: 12 minutes
To make these cookies into decorations, use a drinking straw to poke a hold in the top of each cookie cutout. Bake and cool as directed. Decorate as desired and thread a piece of ribbon through the hole to use for hanging.
Do not use mint flavored Lifesavers for these cookies. They do not melt the same way the other flavors do.
- Beat butter, sugar, honey, egg and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Cover. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F). Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes with 2-1/2- to 3-inch floured cookie cutters. Trace smaller version of cookie shape on dough, leaving 1/2- to 3/4-inch border of dough. Cut out and remove dough from centre of each shape; set aside.
- Place cutouts on foil-lined baking sheets. Shape removed dough centres into ball; re-roll to make additional cutouts.
- Crush each colour of candy separately between 2 layers of wax paper with mallet; spoon into centres of cutouts.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until candy is melted and cookies are lightly browned. Let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the aluminum foil so that they'll come off easily.
Hints & Tips