Macaroni Gratin with Vacherin Fribourgeois Recipe
Flavors of Fribourg
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Very popular in Switzerland, elbow macaroni is a curved tubular pasta about 2 cm long.
For 4 servings
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml heavy cream (35%)
- 100 ml white wine
- 10 g butter
- 250 g elbow macaroni
- 200 g ham, cut into strips
- 350 g Vacherin Fribourgeois cheese - 200 g grated and 100 g thinly sliced
- Salt, pepper and paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 350 °F. Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water and run under cold water to keep it al dente.
- Butter a baking dish. Spread half the macaroni in the dish and cover with the ham.
- Add the rest of the macaroni in a second layer.
- Combine the eggs, cream, wine and grated Vacherin until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the macaroni and cover with the sliced Vacherin. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in the middle of the oven. Finish under the broiler to brown the top.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips