Swordfish, Scallop and Shrimp Kebabs with Sundried Tomato Aioli Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Ingredients for 6-8 servings
- 450 g (1 lb.) Swordfish, cut into 2.5 cm (1'') cubes, or cubes of tuna or salmon
- 450 g (1 lb.) Scallops
- 450 g (1 lb.) peeled large Shrimp
- 7 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. chopped herbs (basil, thyme, oregano and parsley)
Sundried tomato aioli
- 150 ml (10 tbsp.) basic aioli
- 75 g (5 tbsp.) sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 225 g (8 oz.) new onions
- 225 g (8 oz.) zucchini
- 225 g (8 oz.) eggplant
- 2 red peppers
- 1 fennel bulb
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) olive oil
- 7 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade; place the fish, shrimp and scallops into a deep dish and pour the marinade over top; marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
Make the aioli: puré the sundried tomatoes and basil in a blender; blend into the aioli. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- For the vegetable salad: cut all the vegetables (except the tomatoes) lengthwise into halves or quarters depending on their size and drizzle them with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp, scallops (halved if necessary) and cubes of swordfish onto skewers, alternating ingredients. Each kebab should weigh about 175 g (6 oz.).
- Place the kebabs on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
- Place the vegetables on the grill, removing them when tender and nicely marked.
- Let the vegetables cool and then cut them into pieces about 2.5 cm (1") long. Add the tomatoes in 1 cm dice, the garlic, cumin, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Combine well.
- Just before serving, divide the grilled vegetable salad among plates; lay two kebabs, overlapping, on top of the salad.
- Pour a few drops of aioli over the kebabs and serve the rest on the side.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips