Tagliatelle with Parma Ham, Peas and Two Italian Cheeses Recipe
Flavors of Emilia-Romagna
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes or less
For 4 servings
- 300g (10oz) tagliatelle
- 225g (8oz) Taleggio cheese, rind removed, then cut into small chunks
- 150ml (1/4 pint) milk
- 100g (4oz) frozen petit pois or garden peas, thawed
- 100g (4oz) gorgonzola, broken into little chunks
- 50g (2oz) pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Freshly ground black pepper, salt (for cooking water)
- 12 slices Parma Ham
- A few basil leaves, to garnish
- Cook the tagliatelle in lightly salted boiling water for 8-12 minutes until just tender, or follow the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the chunks of Taleggio into a saucepan with the milk. Heat gently, stirring constantly, until the cheese has melted. Remove from the heat and stir occasionally.
- Drain the cooked pasta, then return it to the saucepan. Add the peas. Stir in the sauce and heat gently for a few moments.
- Add the gorgonzola and pine nuts. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then share between four warm plates or bowls.
- Tear the slices of Parma Ham onto the pasta, scatter a few basil leaves on top and serve at once.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips