Chicken, Zucchini and Pineapple Skewers Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Here's a tapas version for parties or entertaining friends.
For 4 servings
- 500 g (1 lb.) chicken breasts
- 2 zucchini
- 2-3 slices of pineapple
- 1 tbsp. honey
- olive oil
- salt, pepper and pink peppercorns
- pink peppercorns
- Wooden skewers
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini; cut the zucchini into lengthwise ribbons using a mandolin.
- Cut the pineapple slices into pieces the same size as the chicken strips. Roll each chicken strip around a piece of pineapple.
- Assemble: place a cube of chicken and pinepple and a zucchini ribbon on the skewer; repeat.
- Marinate the skewers in olive oil with a little honey; season with salt and pepper and a little pink pepper. Allow at least 1 hour.
- Grill slowly for 15-20 minutes on a preheated, oiled grill, placed over very low coals or cook under the oven broiler. Turn two-thirds of the way through the cooking time.
A little extra…
Season the mayonnaise with a touch of honey and a pinch of pink pepper.
- Place a spoonful of mayonnaise into a small dish.
- Add 2 small skewers and serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips