Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0
This is the wrap suggested by Anthea for "2008 British Sandwich Week," made with chicken, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. You can buy the salsa and guacamole, or make these two ingredients yourself (see the links).
Anthea likes to use up the leftovers from the weekend, a delicious way to finish off Sunday's roast chicken and the dips from Saturday when friends stopped by for drinks.
Fresh dips make a great alternative to butter, margarine and mayonnaise and besides adding "oomph" to your lunchtime sandwich, they save you calories, too. Swap a tablespoon of butter for tzatziki and you’ll save 91 calories, guacamole, 83 calories, sour cream and chive, 63 calories, or 45 calories with onion and garlic dip.
So whether you’re making a sandwich to enjoy at home or to take to work, putting them together has never been this quick and easy.
- Place the tortilla on a work surface and spread with salsa.
- Spoon a strip of guacamole across the centre of the wrap.
- Top with the chicken pieces, pepper sticks and lettuce.
- Spoon the sour cream over top and sprinkle with chives.
- Fold in the two sides and roll up the wrap to enclose the filling. Refrigerate until serving time, then cut the wrap in half. Serve within 3 hours to prevent the wrap from becoming soggy.
Photo: Brian Aris
Hints & Tips