Thuringer Sausage Burger with Coleslaw Recipe
Flavors of Germany
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Prep. time and cooking time: 20 minutes
For 4 burgers
- 4 ‘Thüringer’ sausages
- 4 burger buns
- 200 g green pepper
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 large onions
- 2 Tbsp. grainy mustard
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 white cabbage
- Salt & pepper
- In a saucepan, caramelize the sugar over low heat; once it is lightly browned, add the chopped onions.
- Cook briefly and deglaze with the vinegar and grainy mustard. Let reduce and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cabbage thinly and toss with a little salt in a large bowl.
- Slice the green pepper and add to the cabbage and dressing.
Sausage and finishing
- Grill the Thuringer sausages on the barbecue or in a skillet.
- Halve and butter the buns.
- On each bun, place some coleslaw, a sausage and a good spoonful of caramelized onion.
More recipe ideas
Photo & collaboration: Bofrost
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips