Cooking time: 20 minutes
Tiropita are delicious little parcels of phyllo pastry, with a tasty filling of feta cheese.
They are almost always included on a meze platter. You can have them as a daytime snack, with a salad for a light meal, or as finger food in a cocktail party.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Stack the phyllo sheets on top of each other and cut into 3 strips, lengthwise.
- Prepare and grease a large baking tray.
- Taking one strip of phyllo at a time, brush it with the melted butter, then place 1 or 2 teaspoons of filling on the pastry at one end.
- Taking one corner, fold it over diagonally to create a triangle shape. Keep folding it back and forth, diagonally along the strip. You will find the filling has become enclosed in a triangle shaped envelope.
- Place the cheese pie on the baking tray with the loose end underneath. Repeat for all other pies.
- Brush the tops of the pies with the melted butter. Spinkle with few drops of water.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until light golden – 180 °C / 350 °F. Serve warm.
Hints & Tips