Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
A traditional Greek Easter dessert
Delicious tiropitakias from Tinos are a specialty of this island, a sacred pilgrimage spot for Greeks. And you can't deny there is something divine about tiropitakias!
You can simplify the recipe by buying phyllo dough. You wil have to use 3 sheets of well-buttered (or buttered and oiled) pastry.
- Combine all the ingredients to obtain a texture that is neither too runny nor too firm. If the mixture is too firm, add the sixth egg.
- Combine all the ingredients to form a smooth dough. If the mixture is too dense, add a little orange juice.
- Roll the pastry out into very thin sheets.
Assembly and baking
- Cut the pastry into 25 x 5 cm (10 x 2") strips.
- Place a half teaspoonful of the cheese mixture on one end and fold over a corner to form a triangle. Repeat until the filling is used up.
- Place the triangles on a buttered baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 170° C (325° F). Sprinkle the tiropitakias with sugar. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Hints & Tips