Tomato Chutney Turnovers Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes (chutney) / 15 - 20 minutes (turnovers)
For 4 servings
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) fresh white cheese
- 1 roll (250 g / 9 oz.) puff pastry
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g (3 Tbsp.) brown sugar
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) sherry vinegar
- olive oil
- Immerse the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds; drain, peel and chop.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- In a saucepan, sauté the tomatoes and onion in a little olive oil for 5-6 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the vinegar and brown sugar. Combine and reduce for about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 210° C (425° F).
- Unroll the puff pastry. With a large round cutter or an overturned bowl, cut out 4 pastry circles.
- On one half of the circle, place a big spoonful of tomato chutney and cover with some fresh cheese, cut into small pieces.
- Fold the turnover over to seal. Repeat with the remaining three.
- Whisk the egg yolk and brush onto the turnovers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
These turnovers are also delicious with apple chutney.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips