Tomato and Basil Velouté with Zucchini and Chevre, cocktail-style Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
You could add some dried tomatoes to accentuate the tomato flavor of the tomato velouté.
For 4 servings
Tomato and basil velouté
- 2 kg (4.4 lb.) peeled canned tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bunch of basil
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) crème fraîche
- sugar, salt and pepper
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) minute tapioca
Zucchini and chevre velouté
- 3 zucchini
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 slices of fresh chevre (goat's cheese)
- 30 g (1 oz.) traditional tapioca (optional)
- toasted baguette rounds
For the tomato and basil velouté
- Sauté the chopped shallot, chopped garlic and thinly sliced red pepper in the olive oil.
- Add the undrained tomatoes, two pinches of sugar, salt and pepper. Cook 20 minutes.
- Purée the soup. Add the quick tapioca, bring to a boil and cook 4 minutes.
For the zucchini and chevre velouté
- Sauté the sliced zucchini with the garlic and onions.
- Add the chicken stock. Cook 15 minutes.
- Purée the soup. Add the traditional tapioca, bring to a boil and cook 7 minutes.
- Incorporate the chevre slices and stir until melted.
- Spread a few croutons with chevre.
- Ladle out the tomato velouté, followed by the zucchini velouté.
- Finish with a few croutons.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips