Valais Fondue with Tomato Recipe
Flavors of Switzerland
Total time: less than 15 minutes
*Crushed tomatoes: make a cross -shaped cut in the bottom of the tomatoes, drop them into boiling water briefly, refresh in cold water, then peel carefully. Remove the seeds and cut the tomatoes into small dice.
For 4 servings
- 30 g (2 Tbsp.) butter
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, crushed*
- 250 ml (1 cup) white wine (Fendant)
- 500 g (18 oz.) grated Gruyere
- 300 g (10 oz.) grated Emmental (or raclette cheese)
- 2 level tsp. cornstarch
- 1 small glass of kirsch
- pepper and nutmeg
- Melt the butter in the fondue pot.
- Add the garlic, onion and crushed tomato; sweat briefly, then add the white wine.
- Add the cheese and bring to a boil over a low flame, stirring constantly.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the kirsch and add to the fondue.
- Continue to stir well, return to the boil, then season with pepper and nutmeg.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips