Vanilla ice cream Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hours
Prep. time: A few minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
+ Freezing time in the ice cream maker
- Boil the milk and cream together with the vanilla pod and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until light and pale.
- Pour the hot mixture over the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then return to the saucepan.
- Place over low heat to thicken, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Do not let the mixture boil.
- When the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon, remove from the heat and strain immediately.
- Remove the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds into the custard.
- Leave to cool. Freeze the custard in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips