Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
The grain effect:
According to nutritional studies, carbohydrates should represent at least 50% of our daily dietary intake. Eating various kinds of grains, a source of carbohydrates, helps create balanced meals.
- Cut the asparagus into shorter lengths, if necessary.
- Cut each veal scallop into lengthwise strips.
- Heat a skillet over moderate heat. Add the oil and veal slices. Sauté, stirring constantly.
- Add the white wine and water. Bring to a boil.
- Off the heat, add the couscous and asparagus. Mix well. Let sit, covered, for 9 minutes.
- Return to low heat and stir for 1-2 minutes. Correct the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Peel and thinly slice the red onions. Sprinkle the dish with the raw onions so that they stay crisp. Mix well and serve immediately.
Hints & Tips