Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serve hot or warm.
Variation: replace the grapefruit with pineapple
- Cut the veal into large cubes and sauté in oil in a non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the zest from the grapefruit with a paring knife. Cut it into matchsticks and place in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil; drain.
- Peel all the white pith from the grapefruit and remove the segments. Cut into cubes and set aside.
- Cook the water, sugar and grapefruit zest for 10-15 minutes, then add the vinegar and reduce to a light caramel color.
- Add the veal cubes and coat with the caramel. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Sauté the grapefruit cubes until warm, then make little kebabs with a cube of veal and a cube of grapefruit.
- Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
An aperitif wine
Collaboration: La Collective du Veau INTERVEAUX / INTERBEV
Photo: Dominique Azambre and Jean-François Mallet
Hints & Tips