Cooking time: 30 minutes
The whole secret rests in the sauce for the veal stock that is slowly reduced over low heat before cheese is added.
Substitute veal scaloppini or loin for the veal medallions.
If you use veal stock powder, shorten the reduction time before adding the cheese.
- season each medallion with salt and pepper; reserve;
- melt butter in a saucepan; add dry shallots and leave to sweat gently until soft and without coloration;
- add white wine and tarragon; reduce to half the liquid;
- pour veal stock and repeat reduction process to half the liquid;
- add diced cheese and cream; season if necessary;
- sauté the veal medallions in hot oil one minute on each side; finish cooking in a preheated oven at 350° F. (180° C.) for 5 to 6 minutes.
An original recipe from the kitchen of Jean-François Méthot of Hostellerie Les Trois Tilleuls
Hints & Tips