Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
That's exactly what Daniel Vézina, chef and owner of Quebec City Restaurant Laurie-Raphaël, has in store for us. "Adding cheese to meals does not have to be a uniquely winter reflex. Any season is the right season for dairy products. Try them!"
Spread finely sliced tomatoes on each plate. Season with the remaining vinaigrette and place veal sections on the tomatoes. This dish goes well with grilled gressini or foccacia.
- Place veal cutlets between two sheets of plastic wrap and flatten using a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Remove tomato stems and cut tomatoes into quarters. Remove seeds and cut flesh into small cubes. Place in a strainer to drain the juice.
- Cut Canadian Mozzarella into slices and then into small cubes.
- Place tomato and cheese cubes in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix all marinade ingredients. Use about half of the marinade (4 tbsp.) to season the tomato and cheese cubes. Set aside the rest.
- Place the four veal cutlets on a cutting board and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the tomato/cheese mixture on the scallops and roll them up, making sure no stuffing comes out the sides.
- Lightly oil the grill.
- Place the four veal rolls on the barbecue and grill on four sides, about seven minutes in all. Slice into three sections.
Hints & Tips