Preparation time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 8 hours
A recipe from Bruno Verjus for Pentecost Veal.
Serve this dish with French fries or Jerusalem artichoke fries.
Marinade and cooking
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Immerse the two pieces of veal into the marinade and refrigerate for 8 hours, turning once or twice if possible.
- Quickly rinse off the meat under running water and pat completely dry with paper towels.
- Heat a little peanut oil in a large skillet and sear the veal on all sides (maximum one minute per side).
- As soon as the meat is seared, immerse it into a bowl of ice water to cool it instantly. Pat dry.
- Sauté the shiitakes for a minute over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and add a few drops of soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Cook slowly for 5 minutes longer.
- Cut the veal on the diagonal into 1.5 cm slices. It should be rare in the center.
- Arrange about 5 slices per plate, then add the shiitakes.
- Season with freshly ground pepper, a drizzle of virgin olive oil and a few drops of soy sauce and lime juice.
Photo: Pentecost Veal / Amélie Roche
Stylist: Bérangère Abraham
Hints & Tips