Vegetable Spring Rolls Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serve the rolls with a dish of soy sauce for dipping.
For 4 servings
- 4 non-fat Carré Frais (200 g/ 7 oz.) or other fresh white cheese
- 8 large round rice paper wrappers
- 3 carrots
- 2 small leeks, white part only
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) celery
- 2 or 3 small turnips
- 2 or 3 sprigs of flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. skim milk
- Peel and wash the vegetables. Cut them into thin sticks and cook gently, covered, for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, mash the Carré Frais with a fork to lighten it and thin it with the milk.
- Combine the vegetables with the cheese.
- Moisten the rice wrappers and lay them flat on a clean damp cloth.
- On the lower part of each wrapper, place 2 parsley leaves in the center and a large spoonful of the cheese-vegetable mixture. Fold the edges over and roll up from bottom to top. Repeat with the other rolls. Serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips