Vegetable Terrine Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Refrigeration time: 6 hours
A fresh light first course.
Adapt this recipe to whatever is is season: eggplant, tomato, cucumber, leeks, etc.
For 4 servings
- 6 non-fat Carré Frais (150 g / 5 oz.) or other fresh white cheese
- 4 or 5 carrots
- 2 or 3 zucchini
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) green beans
- 200 g (7 oz.) peas
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 1/2 bunch chives
- juice of 2 lemons
- 5 sheets of gelatin
- salt and pepper
- Peel and wash the vegetables. Cut the carrots and zucchini lengthwise into sticks the same size as the green beans. Shell the peas.
- Cook the various vegetables separately for 5 minutes in boiling water. Refresh under cold water and drain well.
- Soften the gelatin in a bowl of cold water.
- In a saucepan, bring 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) water to the boil. Add the lemon juice and drained gelatin sheets. Combine and cool to lukewarm. Incorporate the cheese and chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a loaf or terrine pan, place a thin layer of the cheese mixture. Add a layer of zucchini, then cheese. Continue assembling the terrine with the other vegetables and finish with a layer of the cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate the terrine for at least 6 hours.
- Unmold and serve with a mesclun salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips