Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
You could add to each bowl 1 or 2 nems (spring rolls) reheated in the oven and cut into thirds, as well as 1 or 2 peeled shrimp.
- Prepare the rice vermicelli according to the package directions.
- Cut the beef into strips.
- Peel the cucumber and slice thinly or cut into sticks.
- Peel and cut the carrots into thin julienne.
- Drain and rinse the bean sprouts.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Crush the peanuts with a pestle or the bottom of a heavy glass.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and stir fry the beef strips for 3 minutes. Add the pepper and nuoc mam.
- Place the rice vermicelli in a large bowl with the bean sprouts, carrots, cucumber and beef.
- Pour the nem sauce into a small bowl; add the lemon juice and garlic and mix.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture and toss gently.
- Divide the ingredients among small bowls, add the chopped herbs and crushed peanuts and serve immediately.
Recipe and image in cooperation with Suzi Wan. The brand includes: rice vermicelli, bean sprouts, nuoc mam and nem sauce.
Hints & Tips